Journeys (from A Refugee's Point Of View)

When I think about my past, memories come...both good and bad. The journey I have been through, and the sacrifices I have made, I heard the boom, then a crash and a bang. My family hid under a wooden old stand.
I saw men with guns in their hands, but then they shot without a thought.
Mother said, "Quick, we must hurry!"
With each step I took, I heard a scream or shout of pain. Someone innocent risked their life, for a whole country. I saw my mother and father,emptying their pockets, to a man with an evil grin on his face.
He said, "What are you waiting for? Get in! "The devastation on my parents faces as I sailed away, right out of sight, on a cramped, wooden boat. And on that very same boat, I saw people like me. Some crying over loved ones, others sat in silence.
When I arrived at my destination, I thought to myself: Am I safe? Where do I stay? What's going to happen now? When I got out of the old, wooden boat I suddenly realised the answers to my questions.
They pushed and shoved me into a strange place, with kids my age sobbing with pain. There were fences all around me, I had nowhere to run. I still remain in the same Detention Centre, with the same people and more each day. Sometimes, I see people let free. Oh, someday I wish it will be me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!