Jenny And The Bully

Jenny Jones was a blonde haired freckle faced 11 year old that had an extremely nice mother and father. Jenny was usually always sad at school. Jenny went to a Sydney school called St Elsewhere. It was an ok school but the thing that made it bad was the school bully, Gretle Highberg. Gretle was a real meanie, especially when her gang was around. Every time they saw poor Jenny they would whisper and then laugh. It made Jenny feel like no-one understood her. She had no friends because no-one wanted to be bullied by Gretle or seen with an unpopular kid. The teachers at school saw what was happening but didn’t say anything because even the teachers didn’t like speaking to bad mouth Gretle. One day, on the way to another dreadful school day the bus stopped and could you guess what? Gretle and her ugly gang got on. Jenny’s heart stopped. She didn’t like Gretle one bit.
Once Jenny had tried to get in Gretel’s good books by giving Gretle her pocket money but Gretle only went to the canteen and bought herself a triple chocolate muffin and ate it right in front of Jenny. Gretle said something out loud that Jenny didn’t hear. Gretle and her gang burst out laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. Finally the laughter stopped.
Gretle had two other people in her gang; Mia Snipper and Talie Young. Mia used to be Jenny’s best friend. Jenny didn’t know why she left. Mia was now super mean; she talked about Jenny behind her back and made her feel left out. Talie was the same. Ever since Gretle went on the bus she had bullied Jenny. All the kids were as scared as tiny mice running away from a hungry cat. It went on and on and on and on.
One day Jenny decided that she was sick of being bullied and told somebody. She told her mother and father, and as she did she started crying. She told them that she was worried that Gretle would start calling her a dobber if she told anyone.
Jenny’s mum rang the school straight away. She talked for a long time but when she got off she was smiling. Jenny got the next day off school but when she went back everybody wanted to be her friend and Gretle came up and apologized. So did Mia and Talie. When Jenny asked them why, Gretle answered that her mum and dad had just split up and she was angry. Jenny pointed out that she shouldn’t have taken it out on her. Gretle admitted that she was jealous because Jenny had heaps of friends and she didn’t. After a long talk they became best friends and the gang was no more. Everyone was happy, including Jenny!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!