Rainbow Street

Rainbow Street

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Caitlyn who lived with her mum, dad and Sister Chelsea and a little blue house that was built in a street named Rainbow Street.
Now it was a bit of a coincidence because all the houses weren’t white or dull colours they were all bright colours, except for the very end house it was the dullest house you would’ve ever seen in your whole entire life. His name is Mr Hunchback. He lives on his own his backyard is full of weeds, long grass and dull colours everywhere. His next door neighbour’s names are Mr and Mrs Patterson. They have 2 children named Mark and Emma there my friends.
There are about 11 or 12 kids in Rainbow Street, they are a mixture of boys and girls. At my house its fun but can get out of control sometimes because Chelsea’s 16 so she’s got a phone and ALWAYS gets her own way. There’s a lady name Isabella that goes around to Mr. Hunchback’s house every second Wednesday to get a list of his groceries and brings them back at 12:00 pm. He would never come out to get the groceries Isabella would have to bring them into him.
4 weeks later Mr. and Mrs. Patterson and their kids moved away to Perth. A week later the new person moved in, it was a lady her name was Catherine. She was a bit like Mr Hunchback. She was very lonely but still she came outside to get the mail, go to the shops and go to work.
One day the mailman came Mr. Hunchback came out for the first time in about a year or two, then Catherine came to get her mail they stared for a bit then Catherine said “hi what’s your name” he said “hi Mr Hunchback and yours” “Catherine have you ever thought of painting your house a nice bright colour like green or red or any other colour except brown, black or grey.” Said Catherine. “No I haven’t maybe red yes that’s the colour say would you like to help me paint my house on Saturday.” Said Mr Hunchback. “Yeah sure that’ll be fun bye” said Catherine. “Bye”. Said Mr Hunchback.
Saturday morning Catherine and Mr. Hunchback are outside painting his house red. All the kids rode down the street and stared at Mr. Hunchback, he said “hi” the kids said “hi”. It all ended with a nice barbeque at Caitlyn’s house with all the kids and their parents and Catherine and Mr Hunchback they all had a lovely day. At least once or twice a day you’ll see Mr Hunchback outside of his colourful house. The End.
By Lara Roulston

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!