Never Believe The Lies.

Fiery emotion erupted from within in him so rapidly he had not a hope in the world to have caught it. A scream ripped from his throat and shook everyone that stood before him. The countless eyes that were fixed upon him were so strong with fright that they burnt into him, deeper and deeper with every second.

His hands trembled as he dropped to the floor with a thud. He laid a hand on hers. The softness of her skin radiated through him until his emotions flipped. All of a sudden sadness flooded his veins. Sadness that was so cold and icy that he froze in his place. Sadness that seemed strong enough to make his heart frost over and all of a sudden cease beating.

His eyes analysed every part of her as it was definite, this time, was the last he would ever see of her. He took in everything he could; everything down to how feminie she was compared to the blood that surrounded her.

“You lied to me!” His eyes snapped up to her faster than the quickest lightning strike and his voice rumbled like thunder. So loud he had taken her by surprise. She was speechless.

“You said she had died fifteen years ago. You said, after I was gone my sweetheart had poisoned herself, right Mrs.?” While rising, he continued trembling; this time with anger that seemed to fly out in every direction.

“I did. But believe you me; I had done it for you sir. It would have done you no good running around looking for a mad woman. She had indeed poisoned herself mister, but it had not been the death of her, just turned her insane it did.” The woman from behind him had whispered with tenderness flooding her voice.

“Oh sir! You had already lived through thinking she was gone once, there was no way you had deserved to know that she had only gone mad instead. She was a wreck.” She placed a hand ever so gently on his shoulder.
“There’s no point in chasin’ around a woman that’s off her nut if you could have a perfectly fine one like myself.”

Something in him had changed, she saw. Maybe she had finally got through to him.

“You’re right misses, I shouldn’t be chasin’ around a mad woman; no way, no how. You’ve provided me with a good life and I should be grateful with it, right?”

The crowd around them, confused, started to dissipate.

“That was a fast change of heart sir?” She asked unsure.

“My heart never changed.”

A rippled cry escaped her mouth before she understood what was going on.

That had been the last thing he had said to her before she had unexpectedly fell. Fell out the long, glass window they stood before. As the crowd rushed over to the scene, he walked back. Back to his wife that lay on the ground.

His heart had never changed. It had always been hers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!