Missing

Annabelle, has two younger brothers, Billy and Tom. Her parents went away on a cruise for three weeks and and they hired a baby sitter to look after them. But on the first day, she didn't turn up. Annabelle phoned her parents, but they didn't answer. Billy asked Annabelle, "Where's mummy and daddy?" Annabelle didn't know how to answer, how was she supposed to say that her parents were on a cruise, the babysitter didn't show up and her parent's wouldn't answer their phones. He was only 5 he wouldn't understand, so she just simply said, "Their at work." He came back 10 minutes later and said, "Where's Tom?" She was confused. "Isn't he upstairs in his room?" she asked. "No," Billy replied. Annabelle ran upstairs and looked in Tom's room, he wasn't there. She ran all around the house screaming "Tom!" Then she heard Billy scream out, "Annabelle!!!!" she ran down stairs and saw Billy pointing at Tom lying on the floor, she wasn't sure if he was sleeping or passed out, or even, dead. There was a note on his chest it said "He knows to much" Annabelle screamed, she called the police, they wouldn't answer, she ran out into the streets with Billy in her arms, no one was there, cars were tipped over. Then she saw an old man from across the street, he signaled for her to come over towards him, so she ran towards him. He pulled them into his house, there were several other children. He said to Annabelle, "Your safe here, this has happened before, before your parents were born, no one knows what it is, but something is taking people and not giving them back, especially the emergency services." Annabelle was confused, why now, why again, why here. "How long will it be here for?" Annabelle asked, "It never left," the man replied. "I saw a note, it said, he knows to much, what did that mean?" The man said, "it means he saw the beast or researched the past of the beast." "So what happened to my brother?" "I can't say any more." "Please, I need to help my brother." "Look out!" The door swung open all the children ran into a bedroom, but Billy stayed and hid behind a chair. The old man screamed, "You haven't got me in 30 years and you ain't gonna take me now or these kids!" He slammed the door and locked it then ran into the room with the kids. The window smashed and the chair that Billy was behind blew away. Billy screamed and ran. He banged on the bedroom door but is was locked. "AHHHHHHHHH" screamed Billy. Annabelle swung open the door and pulled Billy in. "What did he look like?" Annabelle asked Billy. There was no answer. Annabelle shook her brother, trying to get him to wake up, he wouldn't move. "Billy, BILLY!" Annabelle cried. He opened his eyes, gasped for air. The window smashed, something came and grabbed the kids and threw them out the window, Annabelle, Billy and the old man were the only ones left. The town was empty, maybe even the state, or the country! Was it time to give into the creature, or were they supposed to keep on fighting for their life? A man in red walked in the window, "well, well, well,"the man said. Billy screamed as the man gave him a sharp look. "Don't you know who I am?" the man said almost laughing. "Yes I do Lucifer." said the old man. "Ahh, my old friend" said Lucifer. Lucifer walked up to Billy and Annabelle and said,"Aw what a pity, so young" He grabbed Billy by the throat and said,"So long young one." He bashed Billy into the wall and he disappeared. "Your next,"Lucifer said to Annabelle."Ahhhhhhh"

"Ahhhhhhhh" Annabelle woke up, tangled in her sheets. "What's wrong honey?" asked her mother "Mum, your still here!" "Of course I am silly!" Then Tom walked in, "What's wrong Annabelle?" "Tom, your, your ok!" Then her dad and Billy walked in, "Another bad dream Annabelle?" asked her dad. "Yeah, I guess so."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!