You Are My Saviours

Dedicated to Rise Against – My Saviors
Tim’s eyes glistened in the lights of the stage. The crowd was waiting for him to speak, to sing, to yell. They stood there silently and the nerves started to hit him. He thought about all the times he had done this before. Something about this night was truly special.
He paced himself as he walked to the stage, everyone chanting for him. As he got to the microphone and picked up his guitar he said, “I want everyone in this audience right now to feel like a family. We’ve all had days of pain, of fear, of sadness. But tonight, this night is about forgetting all of that. This is about creating an atmosphere that we want to be in! The times of hurt and loss will be celebrated in this moment. This moment is about trust. Trusting me, trusting everyone around you. This song is about how we survive. Please, everybody sing along.”
The fans roared in approval and excitement as he finished his speech and the music began to play.
The heavy beats of the drum shook the grown, like a heart beat. The guitar made everyone move, and the bass made everything melt together. As Tim began to sing the audience jumped all at the same time. Tim was in shock as he saw the effect he had on everyone in here. He meant something. He looked at the rest of the band as they all jumped around too. He will remember all of there smiles, because that is all he can see right now.
Every movement, every sound created by Tim was loved.
-
I loved Tim as he stood there on stage making his mark in Australia. We all basked in his voice and his love as he made us feel like we could do anything. I felt grateful because this music is what makes me survive.
I watched as every member of the audience, every member of that band, the guards of the concert hall, everyone yelled out the lyrics to this song. I was amazed that one thing like that could make such an impact on Adelaide. My life will never remain the same after this night.
Rise Against you changed my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!