Day 5

Day 5 27/4/2009
This is the 5th grueling day of this hard labor. I shouldn’t even be in this state. All I was trying to do is help and warn China. I knew that the barbarians were coming. I got over to the other side of the wall but when I got back the stupid guard caught me and thought I was helping the barbarians plan an attack. It is annoying because people climb over The Great Wall of China all the time. I am the Rat in the Chinese zodiac. People say that the rat is lucky. For me it isn’t. When I got caught I had to see the commander. The commander’s name is Commander Peng. He announced “Liang Reng, because this is your first offense you get only 7 days of hard labor. If you do something again, the consequences will be big.” (I am a poor man so I could not afford a lawyer or someone who represents me so I just had to take the toll.) I even have to live in a cell.
This is a very crowded cell. It has about 3 people. They look like they are really tough. They have tattoos everywhere, piercing everywhere too and they all have either Mohawks or they are completely bald. I asked one of the guys how they got in here and they protested that they stole weapons and killed someone with them. They all had 5 years of hard labor. The cell is very bad. It has a hard concrete grey floor, a little window in the top of the cell with metal bars going across it too. They kept out most of the light. It did not have a toilet or a bed either. I just had to squat in the corner, it even has these metal bars and metal walls. It is so cold. It is like I killed someone but all I did was climb over The Great Wall of China.
The night I was sentenced I couldn’t sleep because there were no blankets or anything to sleep on either. I also couldn’t sleep because I was so scared of what I will have to do the next day. That night I thought about a myth that my dad had told me. It is the Legend of the White Snake. It has a tragic part when a person nearly dies but it gets better when everything ends happily ever after. Well at least there is only 2 days left. Although I don’t think I can last that long.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!