Zombie Invasion

It was a cold and windy night in October, October twenty ninth to be exact! A night I’ll never forget. We were just a couple of young guys , me a boy of barely 13 shaggy blonde hair medium build a scar on the right side of my chin, that went by the name Brandon . My friend was shorter had a sandy blonde crew cut, stocky always happy his name is Ethan. If only we knew what we were getting ourselves into that day.
Ethan and I were sitting at our favourite place the internet café it was packed like usual on a Saturday night I was looking around at all the familiar faces, faces from school, friends of my family, Ethan was trying to get my attention something on you tube there is something always on you tube I playfully punched him in the arm. “Dude that hurt “Ethan whined “man up ‘’ I teased laughing. We were studying the pictures in front of us on the computer when a news break comes across the TV above me
“Breaking news nuclear bombs have been detected in Adelaide everyone is advised to seek shelter as soon as possible a list has been posted on the news website and following this broadcast. It is not known from whom or what at this stage I repeat nuclear bombs have exploded over Adelaide. Everyone is advised to seek cover”.
We both rushed back to my house, once we got there I had asked my mum (Donna) if she had seen the news broadcast, she said yes. Mum said to Ethan” what’s your Dads phone number so I can call him and I’ll look after you so you don’t have to walk all the way home “ Ethan said” can I talk to him and thank you for letting me stay” “your welcome” I said to Ethan we need to barricade all the windows and cheek how much food and water we have so we don’t starve our die” Once we were done we all went in the lounge room with my sisters Raine, Maddy and my mum, we talked about safety and we played UNO, at 10.00 pm we went to bed.
When we woke up it was so hot that ice-cream would melt in less than 30 seconds. Mum looked outside and called me and Ethan and said” keep an eye on the girls and don’t let them out of your sit, wait here”. We waited for 10 minutes and mum came up to us and gave us a gun each(pistol and ammo), we said what’s going on” look outside” all we could see were thousands of rotten and decayed bodies surrounding our house.
TO BE CONTINUED


BY Brandon Lockyer

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!