Mary And Minky

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

She grasped the staircase with her left hand as her legs slowly swept from under her. As she came crashing down the steps broke beneath her. She slowly stood up and took a big deep breathe. She felt better now and continued up the staircase, one step at a time.

She finally made it to her bedroom and slipped into bed. Minky jumped onto the bed with her and curled up on the foot of her bed and slowly drifted off to sleep. Mary lay there awake. Thinking. Was there nothing else to do? Did she have another option? Nothing.

As the sun shore though the dusty window into Mary's eyes, she awoke. Minky jumped into ninja mode and slowly pranced out into the kitchen.Once Mary was ready she put on some toast, gave Minky some milk and sat down at the table sipping her coffee. It was time. The day had come."Knock, Knock!” it was him. He walked in, picked up her bags and put them in the car. Mary had no choice. She gasped Minky and off they went into the bright opened world.

When the car arrived at the Nurse's home all Mary could do was cry. She had left everything behind. All she had was her clothes and Minky. What could she do? She slowly settled into her room and fed Minky. As she looked out across the city she stood there thinking. It's not the end. I will be back!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!