Old People

Down in a town called Rosaline lived a small girl called Sienna Westwood. Sienna was a short seven year old that was very curious. She had big brown eyes. Having big brown like hers was very useful because she could almost always persuade people to let her have or do something that she wanted. Sienna lived alone with her Mum. This was because her Dad had a promotion at work and had to live in China for two years. Sienna and her Mum lived happily together.
One day when it was school holidays, Sienna had to go to her Grandma’s house for the night. “But Mum,” she groaned, “It’s such a long drive to Grandma’s house.” But they still had to go. It was a wonderful drive, even Sienna had to admit that. As they drove through the forest, Sienna smiled. “It’s beautiful” she commented, and it was. Everything was green, lively, natural and truly wonderful. The trees blocked out all the sunlight, so it was a bit dark. Some rays of sunshine shone through the trees, onto wet leaves to make them shine. The time went so quickly, before they knew it, they were there. Grandma was waving and smiling hugely at them. Sienna ran up to her Grandma and hugged her tightly, starting to tell her all about her holidays so far. Saying how much she was really enjoying them. When Sienna had said goodbye to her Mum, her and her Grandma played board games, had dinner together, had a girl talk, watched T.V. and heaps more. But when it was 7:30pm, Sienna had to go to bed. She said goodnight to her Grandma and slowly went to sleep.
Suddenly, there was a loud bang and it woke Sienna. BANG!!! There it was again! Sienna lay in her bed quietly. BANG! BANG! BANG! It sounded so much like loud gunshots, so loud and so close. BANG! She waited, trying to identify what the noise really was. She lay there for about ten minutes, then gave up and tried to go to sleep once more.
RRPPP. RRPPP. Sienna bolted upright into a sitting position in her bed. It sounded like chains. Chains that were being dragged by someone. Her Grandma was in her bedroom, so it couldn’t be her. And why would an old, kind, peaceful Grandma need chains? That was when Sienna started getting extremely scared. But she was very curious and determined to find out what the noise was. Unwillingly, Sienna got out of her bed and started wondering around the dark house. BANG! It came from her Grandma’s room! Sienna sprinted as fast as she could to her Grandma’s room. She opened the door and…
Sitting on her bed was Grandma, watching T.V. very loudly. That was what was making the noise. Her Grandma was half deaf! Her Grandma turned the T.V. down. “What is it sweetheart?” “Nothing Grandma, sorry” said Sienna as she walked back into her room extremely relieved.
Old people!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!