Unbelievable

The wind was howling, squeezing itself through the tiny crevices of Jack's bedroom window and the glass was about to shatter as it strained under the pressure. Clouds rumbled loudly as they rolled into one another. Lightening cracked in the distance. That was the night when Jacks' life changed forever.
Jack was sound asleep when he was awakened by a loud thump. The sound was not familiar, it sent shivers down his spine standing the tiny hairs up on the back of his neck. Peeking over his covers he could see dark shadows resembling monsters dancing across his bedroom walls. Their arms stretching out to touch him. Thump. Jack tightened his fists and knew the only way to find out where the noise was coming from was to go take a look.
As Jack slowly crept out of his bedroom door he realised the noise was coming from the unused attic upstairs. He swallowed hard and moving forward he slowly placed one foot in front of the other up the stairs. His legs were trembling his heart was pounding and his mouth was dry. When he reached the top of the stairs to the attic there was dead silence.
Jack reached out his hand slowly turning the cold brass knob. He turned the knob giving out an eery screech breaking the cold night silence. He pushed open the door and could feel the damp cold air escaping from inside the room as if terrorised. Jack stepped forward into the room and small beams of flickering light blinded him. His eyes slowly adjusted to the light when he noticed gapping holes in the roof.
Suddenly a figure flashed across the room. Frozen and unable to move Jack turned his head slowly and there stood a monster. It had black beady eyes and two sharp fangs dripping with saliva. Its green tongue lapped at the corners of its mouth. Jack screamed in horror but it felt like no one could here him.
Jack's feet were stuck like glue. The monster clawed at him scratching his right arm slicing it like a piece of melon. He grabbed his arm squeezing it tight to slow the bleeding. Jack finally found the courage to pick up his feet and run for the door. It felt like he was running in water. He could feel the monster right behind him.
Nearly reaching the door Jack tripped on a piece of wood sending him flying through the air. Jack hit the wall and bounced to the ground slamming his head on the floor. It all went black.
Jack awoke to a familiar sound. Beep, beep, beep. It was the alarm clock. He slowly lifted his head which felt like it had just been squashed between two cars. Barely able to open his eyes Jack looked around the room. Instantly he felt a quick stab of fear in his chest as he recalled what had happened. Not believing it he looked at his arm seeing a long deep raw wound. Laying very still unable to move a muscle he listened intently. Thump. Pulling the covers over his head he tried not to make a sound.
"Good morning" chimed mum. "Time to get up for school". A sigh of relief. Jack could not have been happier. He wondered if it had just been a bad dream or was it the start of something unbelievable.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!