Fearing Fears

As i listen to myself as I walk beside a pool of crystal clear waters, as it flows underneath the most magnificent waterfall running so smooth and clear, I remember the screams of loved ones, And the gun shots, as they try hide and escape from their fears .

I kneel down and slowly move my hand towards the surface of the stream with a slight smile, meaning luck. I tilt my head upwards, as I see a face reflect up off the water. In my imagination I remember the tears and screams I had at my daughters sacrifice.

My heart is slowing its beat; I hear footsteps and a few gun shots behind me. I spring up onto my feet, and sprinting, as fast as I can, I jump and hide behind a fairly large rock behind the waterfall. I close my eyes as shadows pass on by.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!