Scars

Pale pink daggered lines.
Each one tells a story.
That one I got when I fell in the shower.
The bloody floor was wet. It should have cleaned itself.
That one I got while making dinner one night.
Stupid pumpkin skin shouldn’t be so tough.
The 4cm one on my leg I received my first time shaving.
My mother never told me not to slide on an angle.
These scars I gave myself before I turned 15.
That one hiding under my sleeve I got when my boyfriend and I had an argument.
The line of them being hidden by my stockings was done after my parents got a divorce.
UGLY was done after I got called fat by a fellow grade ten.
PERFECT was done after I got put in the hospital for being anorexic.
GOODBYE was done when I had finally had enough.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!