Never Again



I swore I’d never forget that day, never forget, not in my life would I forget what was said. What was done…So why am I here, back where I started, making the same mistakes? Why did I fall for it all again and put him in danger? I’ll start from the beginning.

“What do you want?” those were the first words I said to him those 6 months ago. We didn’t get along well at first, but within 2 weeks we were friends, And soon, more than. It seemed like my life was perfect, but then they came after me. The Feared.
The Feared is an organisation dead set on capturing me, on anyone like me, because I’m not normal. See, there’s a certain chemical in my blood which makes me immune to disease, makes me heal faster than anyone on this planet, it makes me…well...invincible. When they found out where I was, I was out with Xavier. Xavier knows about me, and keeps it secret; he says it’s a good thing that I’m invincible so I can never be taken away from him. But he didn’t realise that the Feared could take me away.
When they said they were taking me away, he tried to fight, he tried to win. But he couldn’t. He was so hurt. I managed to get away and take Xavier to the hospital. We decided to go somewhere they’d never find us. Pretend I had died. For 6 months we were safe, they didn’t know where we were. Then one night we were outside, on Christmas Eve.

The night was unseasonably cold, but we were out to enjoy it anyway. At first, the clouds covered the moon, then the streetlights starting going out behind us. We didn’t notice, we thought it was for the fireworks display later. It was then I saw one of them, across the road dressed in black, hiding in the shadows I pointed it out to Xavier but when we looked back he was gone. We stopped walking and looked all around us. The first hit got Xavier in the side of the head. He fell to the ground and moaned; he got back up and looked around. The second hit was at me from the back hitting me directly in the shoulder I fell to the ground holding my shoulder. Xavier got surrounded and was getting hit so many times, I screamed for them to stop but they paid no attention to me. My vision got blurred from my tears…

Kate! Kate wake up! I woke up crying and felt a warm hand on my tear stained cheek. Xavier was sitting with me to make sure I was okay. “Bad dream?” he asked. “I wish you wouldn’t cry, it hides your smile.” I only smiled and said two simple words. “Never again” I laughed. Never again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!