A Cats Diary

Greetings
You are about to begin reading a story written by a cat. There, now you've been warned once so don't whinge or complain or start suggesting that cats can't write or that cats don't do things like you wonderfully perfect humans!. There is a lot you don't know about us feline species and what we get up to while you're away.
Now before I begin I should also let you know that this isn’t a story either it's more like a diary, my diary, the Diary of Fluff. Yes that is my name. I know ridiculous isn't it? The name, I can hear you laughing. Still I must go on and get on with life as Fluff. I often wonder what my owner was thinking. Oh yeah his name is Kyle, he's 11 human years and a satisfactory sort of caretaker.
I’ll begin my diary by explaining how I go about my day while Kyle is away (wherever he goes) and I’m all alone. Firstly, while Kyle is not home I’m the King of my domain. I rein throughout the house.
I sneak into that cool room and lick the lids of all the best milk bottles sometimes unscrew lids with my claws and have a taste. Some vintages are brilliant.
Next I always go and sit in Kyle’s new black comfy chair. For exercise I usually run my claws up and down the arm. Then I get in the chair, stretch and yawn then go off sleep. At the end of my nap I get up for another stretch and usually there’s white fur all over the chair, Ha Ha.
Today I was rudely awoken from my sleep by a loud bang. I wondered who it could be, so inconsiderate to be making so much noise! I went into the kitchen and found that Kyle’s father was pounding meat with a hammer. Delicious the red blood was dripping and making my whiskers tingle and my tummy grumble suddenly I found myself very hungry. So as always to get his attention, I circle around his legs hissed a bit and give a little meow. I wondered what the feast was to be for today? It appeared to be my favourite, chicken and rice, yummy!


With a full tummy it’s time for another little snooze but by the look of my caretaker Kyle, he might think it’s time for me to play football or some other silly outdoorsy thing. Silly boy, I made my way out the door flap and went to find my special spot in sun to laze and sleep the afternoon away.
Noisy silly boy is playing with that funny red squashed ball and I can’t get any sleep and if I’m not carefully I’m going to get hit by that red thing. So inside I go that’s the safest place for me.
Now don’t get me wrong my carers can be annoying, noisy but he loves me and would not have me any other way.

Fluffy

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!