Paralysed

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

A very exciting and different day was in store for the U.S. Space Delivery Centre. They were sending their impatient 30 year old, male, French robot named Robo Lobo to deliver a package to each Planet. His boss said that he could take one man from the street. Robo Lobo asked everyone he could. But only one person agreed. His name was George. He was a 40 year old smart alec and annoying geek. “Looks like I have to take you, George” mumbled Robo Lobo. “But if we get sucked through something, I’m coming out without you,” exclaimed Robo Lobo.

When Robo Lobo and George were in the Boss’s office. The boss yelled “why would you take this smart alec geek!”. “I AM NOT” yelled George. “Yeah you are, George” yelled Robo Lobo. “Oh” George said softly. “I asked everyone out on the street, everyone disagreed, but George” said Robo Lobo. The boss, Robo Lobo and George hopped in the Lamborghini. They went to the Space Delivery Lift Off Centre where they will take off.

When Robo Lobo and George were walking to the Delivery Ship. Robo Lobo started to be silly and punch George. When they were in the elevator to get to the top of the Delivery Ship George thumped Robo Lobo in the head while he did not have his helmet on. Everyone had a shocked look on their faces. Robo Lobo fell out of the side window of the elevator. The count down technician rushed to see if Robo Lobo was okay. The count down technician telephoned the ambulance.

“Please can you come to the Space Delivery Lift Off Centre” the count down technician said in panic. The count down technician slammed the phone down in panic. In less then ten seconds the ambulance was there. The paramedic jumped out of the ambulance and rushed to Robo Lobo. The paramedic checked Robo Lobo out. “I’m sorry to say but Robo Lobo is paralysed” said the paramedic sorrowfully. “We will have to take Robo Lobo to the hospital and see how long it will be before he can do anything like this again” said the paramedic.
The count down technician and Robo Lobo’s boss went with Robo Lobo to the hospital in the ambulance. The next morning Robo Lobo’s boss went back to the hospital to see what has happened to Robo Lobo. When he got to Robo Lobo’s room the doctor said he had bad news. “He won’t be able to do any more deliveries for six months”. “That is not bad news that is good news” exclaimed Robo Lobo. Great I won’t have to go with that annoying George thought a relieved Robo Lobo.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!