Monsterology

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Hi, my name is Max and I’m in the ‘Monsterology Program.’ This is the kind of job where you find out how many monsters are in the world, and that’s where our story starts…
Once there were two men one called Mark and the other Mic. They were looking for monsters for the ‘Monsterology programme’ to see if some of the monsters they found were rare. So they set out and found two eminently. “Oh, there’s Big Foot and a Faun too, looks like we hit the jackpot” murmured Mark. “That’s 22 I suppose ha Mic.” “Yes you got that right for once” laughed Mic. “Ha, why don’t we head back to camp and report these beauties” exclaimed Mark. “Yes we shall” said Mic and with out a doubt they headed back. When they got to camp where the others were they herd some birds so they all decided to sit at camp and do some bird watching. The first bird they saw was a ‘Hippogriff,’ so Mic got out his ‘Monster bird’ book and read:
HIPPOGRIFF
Although it looks like the offspring of a Griffin and its chief prey, the horse, the hippogriff is a distinct species. It dwells in forests rather than on plains.
“That’s like the 2nd rarest monster bird in the world, ha Mark” whispered Mic. “Yes it is” replied mark. By the time they had finished the moon and stars had come out and Mic sleepily said “I think we should all be in bed.” “But Mic I don’t want to go to bed” replied Mark. “Don’t be such a baby!” snapped Mic, after their babyish fight they all went to bed without any more arguments. The next day was there last day so they went out for the last time looking for monsters and they found heaps, they found a Arabian Unicorn, Chimera, Griffin, Kraken, Hydrus, Sphinx, Gorgon and a Jaculus pretty much every monster except a Phoenix. They searched all day for it but they couldn’t find it. When they got back to camp they saw a little bird and luckily it was a ‘Phoenix’. Mic took a picture of it and stared to pack. When they all got back to the city they reported the monsters straight away. A few weeks later they got picked to find a peculiar creature so they set off again and that’s the greatest story I ever found.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!