The Burglary

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

One cold and lonely night when neither a whisper nor a sound could be heard coming from the streets, the Jaguar, the most wanted thief lurks in the darkness!! On that very night James was waiting for the Jaguar to come. James was waiting because last year on this very day the Jaguar himself came and stole various and precious things. The clock struck midnight and any minute now the Jaguar would come and search for new treasures that James’s family had bought over the year. Just at that split second James heard a creaking sound pending from down stairs.

This was the time James had to step in and do the job for his family. James walked down the staircase and started searching for the Jaguar he didn’t show up as expected, so James loudly whispered “I am here to help you find some goods and I will be your faithful side kick.” Then the Jaguar came out and said “if you want to be my side kick you will have to help me find the treasure from this junk yard.” James felt anger raising in his body, so the search was on while James was only pretending to help.

James falsely looked in a drawer were he had put his phone on silent with the text message all set to be sent to the police and told them to turn off their sirens. In less few minutes the police had arrived and surrounded the house. When James gave them the signal they barged in and caught the Jaguar red-handed. The police awarded a medal for James’s bravery because Jaguar was the most wanted criminal.

That’s how James heroically foiled the Jaguar by his ingenious plan.

The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!