Yoshi Gets A Cold

One day Yoshi's friend Mario came over for a play. “Mario I'm thirsty can you please get me a drink?” “OK", said Mario. Mario wants to do a trick on Yoshi so he put 5 ice blocks in icy cold water, “here you go Yoshi”. “Thanks, gulp, gulp whoops it went all over my face it is freezing, get a towel!” “Here you go Yoshi, stop saying that, sorry I'm leaving.” “Hey wait AHH-CHOO, AHH-CHOO.” “I'm back”, said Mama Yoshi. A-CHOO! “Whoa what has happened to you Yoshi?” “I'm sick!”

“I'm going to take you to the doctors and we are going to walk!” “Walk! Why walk?” “Who knows it might help you!” “Look Yoshi it is Wario and Waluigi on their skate boards. AHHH! Wario ran into a car and Waluigi ran into his house. “Hello Dr. Birdo”. “Hello, my God what has happened to you Yoshi?” “I splashed 5 ice blocks and icy cold water on my face.” “Ha, ha, ha, ha, hey sorry, take this medicine.” “Ok let’s go home Mama.”

“Looks like you won’t be going to school tomorrow Yoshi.” “Yay!!!”, said Yoshi. “But you will have to stay in bed!” “Nooooo!” “With food, said Mama”. “Yay!” “But it is fruit”. “Noooo!!” “With a movie on.” “Yay!” “A little kid’s movie.” “Nooo!”

The next day Yoshi was feeling much better but he does not want to go to school. “Yoshi, are you ready to go back to school? Um, no you sound much better.” “AA-CHOO!!!” “I’m not”, said Yoshi. “Maybe you should stay home Yoshi, I’ll get you some breakfast.” “Yes, I’m going to call some friends over – Luigi, Mario, Wario and Waluigi”, said Yoshi. “I hope they don’t run into a car again. This is going to be fun but how are they going to get in without getting seen by Mama Yoshi? I will make my mum go somewhere.” “Mama Yoshi, why don’t you go to China for a few days?” “CHINA! Why China?” “Because I want some time alone to go to rest.” “Well ok see ya”, said Mama Yoshi. “I’m going to ring all of my friends. Hi guys come over, good see ya then.”

“Honey, I’m home.” “WHAT? Already!” “I’m coming inside and you sound great. Yoshi what are your friends doing in here?” said Mama Yoshi. “Um they’re helping me um feel better”, said Yoshi. “Yeah that’s what you think, you are just faking!” said Mama Yoshi. “Anyway why didn’t you go China?” said Yoshi. “All of the airfares were sold out and Bowser wouldn’t let me into the airport. OK Yoshi you are going back to school!!” “Noooo!” “With a great lunch.” “Yay!” “But it’s fruit.” “Nooo!”

By Tyler

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!