Scream

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

“Ahhhhh”
It all happened in 1942. My friend Claire and I were going to Europe for a holiday. Our flight was announced, “flight 1256 on Qantas, gate 17” said the lady on the microphone. We were shopping and we didn’t hear the lady very clearly. Five minutes later we heard, “last call on flight 1256 on Qantas gate one.” That time we heard it very clearly, rushed to the gate and boarded the plane.

Our seats were next to each other, right up the front in first class! “Welcome on fight 1256 on Qantas,” the air hostess announced. The plane launched into the sky smoothly gliding through the night. Claire and I listened to music on our iPods.

We had a little snooze for a couple of hours but woke up with the sound of a lady on a microphone. “Four more hours till landing,” she said.
“Four more hours till the holiday of our life,” said Claire yawning.
“I can’t believe this is really happing,” I said excitedly. We ordered a hot chocolate with two marshmallows. We had to go to the toilet, but there was a slight problem; a line up. So we waited patiently and finally it was our turn.

Before we knew it, the plane was landing. Boom Crash Bam Crash Bam! “Oh no, what’s happening?” I yelled.
“I don’t know but I think the plane is going to tip over,” screamed Claire! The plane tipped sideways and crash landed, everyone screamed. It was pitch black and people were injured. I saw a lady with her arm stuck under a chair, a man with luggage on top of him and I think someone was stuck in the toilet. It was really hard to breath. I looked around found Claire, amazingly we were both OK!

An old man screamed out, “I’ve got a torch!” He turned the torch on and found the emergency exit. Everyone was pushing and shoving to get out. We finally got out but it wasn’t easy. As we climbed out of the plane, we realised that we’d landed in the middle of a battle. World War 11 was raging!!!!!!!!!
“We have to get out of here!” I yelled. We started to run towards the forest for safety, but soldiers chased us down and grabbed us. “Let us go!” Claire screamed.
“Be quite, we’re here to help you,” whispered the solider.

They led us into a dug out trench then down to a tunnel. “Where are we?” whispered Claire.
I said, “I have no idea; all I know is that I’m scared!”
“Don’t be scared,” said the soldier; “We‘re leading you to safety”. The soldiers loaded us onto a truck with wounded soldiers. The truck roared and we drove into the dark night towards safety.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!