Running Away

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Suddenly I found that the tides had turned, things that I once new were coming true, childhood dreams or nightmares, human or not, or was this my past coming back to haunt me again, back to claim me, things that should be left in the imagination of a child not reality.
My eyes opened to see that it was still dark, I looked at the clock and it displayed 9:00am. That was strange.
I slowly dragged myself out of bed and to the window, drew back the white lace cloth and removed the mist with my hand, “no this can’t be, we travelled so long to get away from you and start a new life, light years, no, why me.”
My body stepped back in disgust, again because of my stupidity another land will be lost into the darkness forever and they will be opened up to the harsh reality. The people have no hope, only the strong will be taken, the weak left.
So now I’m left with no choice but to run again. I grabbed my red scarf and a little and food and water. As I crept down the stairs, I could hear people, or were they…
I should explain to you, who I am, and what I’m on about. I was once the seeker for ‘Delta’. ‘Delta’ is the only name we know him by, he is the ruler of all, the most powerful creature known to all species, when I was seven my family was caught by his people but the only thing that was wanted from us was me. I was the first born daughter half ‘karie’ and half ‘mooto’ (these are out tribes different parts of our world have different blood). These to bloods do not mix; no child can be born like this, but me. Being born like this is not something special, I have powers, I can shape shift, control minds, move things and I have the power of dark mist in my hands, which I still don’t fully understand myself. My main duty was to find planets that could be taken over and the people used for slavery.
I woke up to be in darkness, its cold and damp the ground was hard and rough, I rubbed my hands together and they started to glow to the point that I could see clearly. Only to find that I was back on my home planet in one of our prisons, there were chains on my feet that were bolted to the ground.

“Are you that stupid? It would take me less than 3 seconds to get out of here” my voice said quietly,
“I know shyae, but do you want to do more damage by running away again.”
“huh, who’s there, I'm warning you I’ll.”
“ha ha, oh young child you still have much to learn, but since your little running away act your behind in your training and work, but because I like you ill gave you one more chance.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!