On A Cruise

One day there was a boy named Lachlan. He had never been on a boat before. The next day he heard some exiting news; that he was going on a cruise around the world. Then he packed some snacks and some clothes, and he got his dad Sean to drive him to the special dock. When he got there he saw his cruise. He said goodbye to his dad. He went on the cruise. He met the sailor. His name was Aidan. While he was sailing he saw another boat with one man on it. Then Lachlan saw a whale. He had never seen a whale before. So he grabbed his camera and took a picture. But when he looked at the picture, the whale had a spear through it. It came from the other boat. When the man collected his spear Lachlan yelled out, “Why did you kill that whale?” The man responded, “Because l am a whale hunter," as the man threatened to throw the spear at them. Just then Lachlan jumped onto the man’s boat and put his camera close to the man’s eyes. And FLASH! The camera hurt his eyes. Then the man walked backwards until he flipped off the boat. Then a whale hit him with his tail. The man was also the driver of his boat. Then the boat started to sink. So Lachlan quickly jumped back onto his boat. That took care of the whale hunter. Fifty-four days later, Lachlan saw a man in a tiny boat. While the man was rowing his oars Lachlan saw a shadow underneath the man’s boat. Then a shark jumped up and ate the man’s boat. Then Lachlan asked the sailor Aidan for a rope. Aidan said there was one in the chest at the back of the boat. So Lachlan went to the chest and grabbed the rope. Then he threw it overboard and the man climbed up. Lachlan spotted a hook in the shark’s fin. Lachlan jumped onto the shark’s back and took the hook out of the shark’s fin and the shark was very nice to him. Then the shark swam away into the distance. Then Lachlan asked the man what his name was. The man said his name was Paul. Paul joined the cruise. Seventy-five days later Lachlan spotted something in the distance. Lachlan had just spotted the end of his cruise. Paul said Aidan had to hurry up because there were thunder clouds above them. Lachlan saw a huge wave behind them. Just then when they were one hundred metres away from Lachlan’s father the wave washed every one overboard. Just when everyone was about to drown a life guard helicopter came and picked every one up and took them to shore. When Lachlan saw his dad he gave him a big hug. Then Lachlan met a girl. They became best friends. After that Lachlan’s dad Sean drove him back home.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!