Water Frightened

It was a hot day at the lake. I could see the ants scattering all over the ground and people playing in the water. I can hear the splashing from my brother and sisters playing and running in the clear sparkling water. My dad is in the boat trying to flick my cousins of the flat tube. And I am on the picnic mat reading a magazine. “,Kate”! “, What Kyle”! “, come have a swim”! “, no you know I don’t like water”! Said Kate. Kyle splashed Kate. “, Kyle”! “,what did I get you wet ooohhh”. Kate frowned at Kyle. “, Come on Kate” said her sister Rosie”. “, at least dip your feet in- “, NO”! Yelled Kate... “, You don’t like water just because mum drowned at the beach two months ago”. Said her other sister Amanda. “, Amanda”! Said Kyle. “, its ok Kyle its true”. “, Oh, ok then”. “, come on Amanda and Rosie lets go get more chares”. Said Kyle. Kate sighed. SPLASH!

“, DAD”! Yelled Kate. Kate’s dad was drowning and no one was there to save him except Kate. Kate stared at the water. SPLASH! Kate dived into the water! Kate swam deeper and deeper. She wouldn’t rest she won’t let an other parent die. She could see her dad. She grabbed his collar and swam up and up until she was on top of the water. Kate dragged him onto the bank Kate’s brother and sisters came running towards them. “, You saved me, and you got into the water”! , “Huh, oh yes I did”. She said proudly. And I no time her dad and cousins were back in the boat her brother and sisters were on the tube and Kate was floating in the water.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!