Sarah Jackson, Forever Forgotten

Sarah had awoken from a short nap through the midst of dusk. Her eyes, bloodshot and irritated, scanned through the dense layer of darkness enveloping her room. Slowly, her eyes adapted themselves to the foreboding smokescreen. Without warning, a beam of light shone through the crevice which separated the thick drapes from the bedroom wall and lifted the black aura surrounding her vicinity.
In no time at all, her eyes quickly re-adapted themselves to a blinding light which overpowered the pitch black creature lurking in her bedroom. Sarah was puzzled. "What's with the light? It's probably just the neighbours," she muttered to herself. Fatigued and irritated, she collapsed onto her bed and reverted into a deep trance.
A while later, another piercing beam illuminated her room. This time, Sarah had failed to ignore it and sound erupted into her eardrums, as she banged the bedside table. Her curiosity had overpowered her need to sleep and before she knew it, she was next to the side of the window, peering out with both of her bulging eyes locating the source of the light. Nothing was in sight. The driveway was barren. The street was empty.
Confused and somewhat disappointed, Sarah fell back into her bed's clutches and slowly dozed off. But just before the darkness grew over her, a dark figure jumped into sight, clinging onto the ceiling of her room, and just before she fell into unconsciousness, Sarah felt as if a truck had dropped onto her.
Hours later, slowly opening one eye after the other, she gradually regains consciousness and makes out the surroundings around her. Her arms all feel very numb. She looks down to her legs and they are both tied up. She knows what has happened. Thoughts rush through her mind, and then suddenly panic kicks in.
“HELP, SOMEBODY SAVE ME PLEASE! HELP!” Sarah screams at the top of her lungs.
Her silent shriek echoes through the stone walls. Repeating many times, she comes to realise that all she is doing is useless and only doing her worse. Panic has gone by and she has calmed down a fraction. She starts to recon the walls around her, looking for a way out.
As she is looking across the stone walls, she sees a thin crevice. The crevice seems to have a speck of light at the end. She tries to wrestle free from her bindings, by violently shaking and rubbing the rope against the sharp blisters of the chair.
Suddenly a strong force pulls her back. Taken by surprise she turns around to face the horrendous figure she saw before falling asleep the other night. At the height of the moment, the adrenaline is released and she starts head-bashing the monster viciously. The abnormal beast fights back and claws at Sarah’s neck, hitting her jugular vein. Blood is squirted everywhere, and all that is left is the lifeless body of Sarah Jackson and the mysterious monster feeding off her flesh.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!