The Critters Revenge

Finalist in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

The Moon gazed over the sleeping world. None could be seen nor heard. After the moments of peace, light broke through the horizon casting a vibrant glow over the dozing terrain. The Moon seemingly sighed as it gradually descended behind a distant mountain. As the rays of sunlight poured over the lush plains many creatures and plants awoke just as the nocturnal creatures returned to their habitat to rest. Only then, did the picturesque lands truly begin to become obvious. The delightful floral perfume wafted through the air. The passing birds and land creatures stopped to enjoy this delicious smell only before long came the roaring sounds of machinery and the smell of gas and pollution. The animals fled as the bulldozers raced across the plains tearing and uprooting all vegetation in its path. After a day of this mass shredding method the plains were in ruins, almost three quarters of the trees had been destroyed and in their place stood a tall building with a yellow pole adjacent to it reading ‘McDonalds.’ In only one day the beautiful, unique surroundings of these plains have turned into dirty development sites. The animals now had nowhere to live, enraged with the destructive humans the animals gathered to gather a solution for this major problem. The woodland creatures were to make their way into the fast-food store’s rafters while the moles and rabbits made an underground approach. Meanwhile the birds circled overhead waiting for that unlucky human. While customers entered the American-based store the woodland creatures started by rapping small stones and nuts against the base of the ceiling. The customers on the level below turned concerned looks to the ceiling and most of them exited the premise. It was working but some still remained inside. The critters that were currently underground dug beneath the takeaway restaurant accompanied by a cluster of possums. With the collaboration of all the critters they managed to lift some restaurant tiles. As the possums emerged from the gap in the floor the reaction was either muffled screams or a gagged expression. The remaining customers exited the McDonalds shop. For the next few weeks the McDonald’s store was isolated and had to be closed down due to lack of profits. In a matter of time the plains returned their natural lush state and the animals could live happily once more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!