The 2011 Couch!

THE 2011 COUCH
‘Beeeeep,’ the alarm clock sounded. Finally 2010 Christmas. I changed out of my pyjamas, jumped in my car and sped away to my friend Toby’s house as each year in Christmas he would invent something fancy and give it to me for Christmas.
Finally, after 6 hours of driving in an old ‘BMW’ I arrived at Toby’s old, wooden house. I greeted Toby and entered his house.
Toby unveiled his invention. Surprisingly it was a couch. ‘Toby, you have invented something that was already invented,’ I said. Like it, it’s the Couch 2000. It walks up to you when you feel like sitting,’ Toby said enthusiastically. I sat down on it and found myself in a black room.
‘Welcome to computer program AKNE47012411. You will be journeying to worldwide events of 2011. Suddenly I found myself next to a gate next to the pyramids that said closed. I was in Egypt and the date was 25-01-2011. I saw why they were closed, people were protesting saying, ‘down with Mubarak(the Egyptian president.) The protesters came and squashed me but I suddenly found myself back in the black room.
‘Oh I said in agony.’ Are you OK’ asked the Computer. ‘Yes’ I said.
I found myself in a deserted Cairns street. Then I went into an evacuation centre. Everyone shouted ‘Cyclone Yasi.’ Rain pelted heavily and buildings fell. I left my phone in the rain. I ran to rescue it but a huge piece of hail fell on my head and I fell unconscious.
I was back in the black room. ‘One more disaster and you’ll go to more nice events.
This time I was in Japan. Suddenly the ground was shaking. Buildings fell and people were screaming. A tall building fell on me. I was trapped. A day later I was found alive. It looked like a tsunami followed the earthquake. Finally after being found I was back in the black room.
The computer immediately sent me to England and it looked like there was a wedding. The people who were getting married were Kate and Wills. When the priest marries them they would be the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
I was then sent to Wembley stadium where the Champions League final was being played and the teams were Barcelona verses Manchester United. Barcelona won 3-1 with goals from Pedro Rodriguez, David Villa and Lional Messi. Barcelona won the Champions league.
The computer sent me back to Toby’s house.
‘Where were you?’ Toby asked in shock. ‘Only in 2011.’ ‘Toby, can you please test your inventions before giving them to me.
Was Toby ever going to invent again? We’ll never know.
The end!!!!!!
By: john sidhom year 6. School: our lady of Lourdes sunnybank.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!