Four Worlds

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

The mist emerged around the planet ruled by four worlds. The four worlds are named dark sea, kingdom of clouds, icy mountains and lava falls. These worlds are home to many kinds of dragons. There are lava dragons, ice dragons, water dragons and cloud dragons each living in a different environment. The four worlds were all on the same island. The island was named Tarnia.

But on the opposite side of Lava falls there is an unknown world. Where the orange and crinkly rocks meet, up on the tallest cliff of all, hidden behind shadows, stood, Red Eye!!!! Red Eye was the only dragon ever to think differently from others; Red Eye wanted to take over Tarnia and rule all lands with his following army. But if he destroys the ice stone held safely behind well trained guards, the land will be handed over to his command and he will turn the other worlds into ashes.

Back at the other side of the planet up in the clouds were the snow white dragons. They had just prepared their young for the battle, even though they don’t know who they are fighting. They sharpen their speared and spiky shaped tails ready for war.

It is just about morning in Icy Mountain, and the ice dragons had just woken from their long and tiring dreams. The ice dragon guards had already been up for a long time, much earlier than the others, to prepare the ice dragons’ spear tails for the upcoming battle.

Along the other side of Lava falls behind the red shaded clouds, surrounding the tallest cliff, Red Eye’s army had gathered. They carried on their backs extra spears, shields, sabers and the weapons of war.

Hidden deep beneath the crashing waves, were the Sea Dragons, who had just finished preparing their well polished armor for the beginning of the war.

The four worlds gathered around the sea.

The fire dragons were hovering above their enemy’s army, ready to breathe burning hot lava down on them.

The five armies raised their sharp weapons.

With a roar and a scream, the war began as ice, fire, water and spears rained down.

The four worlds all flew to their enemies and used their weapons to fight.


The war is finally won and now the proper rulers will rule once again.

The four worlds flew back home ready to be welcomed back by their young ones and family who stayed behind.

But there may be still a mystery land to be discovered!!!

THE END!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!