The 4 Friends Face Bullies!

My name is Rebecca, my story is about my 3 best friends, Tay, Jorgi and Kayla and a big bully.
It all began on the very first day of school. We were all new year sevens at Drouin Secondary. I had just moved to Drouin and felt scared and alone, then in the office on that first day I saw 2 girls, they were in my class and I felt a bit weird around them.
Later that day in class I was sitting at my table with the 2 girls, Tay and Jorgi and a new girl I meet named Kayla. After a while we began to chat and soon became very close friends.
As the weeks went by we began to get into trouble, not in class but outside, with a bully! Big Ben was the big mammoth in our class and we were the targets. Every day Big Ben and his 2 'side kicks' Jelly and Jolly would come up to us and tease us about one thing or another.
Kayla was known as the class nerd, Tay was a guy, Jorgi was a smile freak and I was just plain weird!
Soon we had gotten fed up! We would fight back, find his weakness! At lunch we asked anyone we could what they new about Ben, finally we asked his older sister. We didn't know as much about Ben as we thought, he had also come from another school before, just like me. He too was not a bully but the bright red bully target hanging on the classroom door.
Maybe Ben only bullied because he wanted to feel bigger than he once did, he decided that it was not fair on him and that others should suffer too.
After more and more trouble with Ben we grew angry and Tay almost punched Ben in the face! When that happened a teacher came over and took us to a small room with a table and chairs in the middle. In the small room we discussed what happened, we each told the story from our point of view and sorted out the matter as best as possible. The teacher, Miss Marmalade, told us that we should have told a teacher strait away and that taking matters in to our own hands is not a good idea. After a long discussion Miss Marmalade sent us to class and spoke to the 3 Bullies. Ben got a warning but Miss Marmalade also gave him the support that seemed to have made him realise that just because he was bullied it dose not mean that he should blame others.
Now when we play outside we don't get trouble, we don't even see Ben, Jelly or Jolly. So I guess the teachers are right, we sometimes judge a book by its cover, or in this case, Judge a Bully by his attitude.
My moral is: Don’t judge a book by its cover, read the blurb first.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!