Raging Bull

Prologue:
The jeep closed in. Atrocit lifted his tranquiliser gun to shoot down 'the 'ittle beastie'. Bull the bull had a choice: get caught or, ram through. He pounded his right hoof on the stone floor, steam rose from Bull's nostrils. He let all the rage, anger and hate that ran in his blood explode, as he rammed his horns into the jeep.

Bull ran, he ran for his life. He ran for freedom. But unfortunately he didn't run long. He was exhausted. The pain in his legs was excruciating.

HE had hardly rested for a second. The mean bull catchers, Atrocit and Malus had appeared. Bull was too tired to do anything. He gave one last anguished cry for his lost freedom. Bull, once free to roam as he wished, was now a show bull in training.

Some years Later
Marco, the rider looked at Bull. Both of them had made it this far; to the finals. Marco was dead on determined to win. If he did, he would hold the "World Champion Rodeo" title. Bull wanted the rider to lose. So that his friends would trust him and his plan: his plan to escape. Bull had seen so much loss and fear. He had lived a life of terror and hardship. Today was the day that, this was all going to end or was it?

Marco was up. He was the last rider. He had to beat 7.8 seconds to win the title and 12.7 seconds to break the record. His coach had given words of wisdom. He had been born for this moment.
"3. 2. 1. RELEASE THE BULL!" It was Mark, the main judge who started the event. The battle between man and bull, Marco and Bull commenced.
Bull kicked, reared, swerved and snorted to get Marco off his back. Two seconds passed. Bull's friends were watching from the barnyard. Waiting and waiting for the plan to unravel.
His friend, Gallus, the rooster stared in shock as he realised Bull was losing. Six point two seconds passed already. Time was flying. All the other bulls stared in disbelief. Would they be trapped here for the rest of their lives?
Seven seconds passed. Bull leaped in the air in a last act of desperation. Marco released his grip from the bull due the sudden shock. He was off Bull at 7.7 seconds and was flying through the air. He landed safely on his coach's lap. Everyone started to laugh at the hilarious sight.
Suddenly, the ground began rumbling, Marco and all the crowd looked up. Bulls were stampeding across the field, running for freedom. Bull and Gallus were at the front. The evil owners, Atrocit and Malus picked up their shotguns. They opened fire.
Many bulls were lost in that escape, yet many escaped. Everyone that was present in that field would never forget those raging bulls. As for those raging bulls, they wouldn't ever, ever forget the companions they lost, especially Gallus and Bull.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!