Decibels

One. Tree falling in the woods.
They were destitute. The fringe was overcrowded and they had no place to stay.
If I wasn’t there to hear it, how could I have known?


Two. Ant walking alongside.
They weren’t aware of diabetes. Nutrition and satiation are a trade off when you can scarce afford to choose what you eat.
It’s there but I can hardly see it, so does it really matter?


Five. Leaking tap.
They didn’t see much point in school. They couldn’t understand a word anyway.
It bothers me slightly but it’s not that urgent.


Twenty. Lost child crying.
They didn’t have the training for the job. And nobody gave them a chance.
That’s sad, why isn’t someone else doing something about it?


FIFTY. Fire alarm.
They picked pockets to get by but the fumes somewhat numbed at the pain of going nowhere, fast.
I should have seen this coming, I could have acted sooner.



How loud need the disparity be?











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!