The Fluro Fish

It was hot sunny day when a boy called Zayne went fishing at Green mouth river. He threw his handline as far as he could. It didn’t take long for him to have some interest in his bait. There were a couple of small bites then bang he was holding onto the handline with all his might, as he slowly wound his line he saw bright colours below the waters surface. Once he got his line in, he saw the most amazing fluoro coloured fish dangling from his hook. Zayne really wanted to keep this fish and to show his mum, he quickly got the fish off the hook and then raced to the water edge to fill his bucket with river water. Zayne flew in the backdoor of his house yelling to his mum to come and see what he had. Zayne`s mum was a fishing expert so she was bound to know what type of fish he had caught. His mum told him that the fish was a fluoro bream and if you make a wish before you go to bed the wish it would come true. So the boy put the fish in his fish tank and closed his eyes hard made a wish while he had his hand on the side of the fish tank.

The next morning he woke up to find a new fishing rod at the end of his bed. He raced to his parents bedroom to wake his mum and dad up, he was screaming with joy. Then he took off to tell his closest friends about this amazing fish, and how his wish came true. They also wanted to make a wish with Zayne`s fish. Zanye decided to let his friends have one wish each. When all of his friends had had their wish the fish looked extremely sick. So he decided not to make a wish for a week, so the fish could recover . At the end of the week the fish was healthy again. He didn’t want to make the fish sick again. So he was going to have one last wish. That night he was going to bed he wish for a puppy but he didn’t want to be selfish. So he wished that no greedy person would ever catch the fish again. The next morning just as the sun was coming up Zayne snuck out of the house and went down to the river to release the fish. When he got home he went in his bedroom to clean out the fish tank. When he slowly opened his door he saw a little puppy sitting on his bed, his mum told him that because he wasn’t selfish he deserved a reward too. He named the dog Keter and Zayne knew then that he had done the right thing in letting the fluro fish go.

The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!