Just Scream

Get this – I’m standing on the peer of my boyfriend’s holiday house when my stupid brother Peter pushes me from behind, straight into the freezing cold water! “Peter,” I yelled, but he ran off laughing, that little stinker! My new outfit was totally soaked; it wasn’t funny.
While I was in the water, I realised it wasn’t so bad. The water felt nice splashing against my legs, and the sunset made me feel happy. About half an hour later I decided to get out and make myself dry. I went to the bathroom and got myself a towel. I was walking to my room when I heard a strange noise. “Oh no,” I gasped, “It’s Mum, she’s in trouble.” As quick as a flash, I ran to the living room to see what was wrong. Mum was lying on the floor, I guessed she had fainted and I know why she did, I nearly did too!
There in the living room, was the vilest creature I have ever seen. It was an alien with 3 eyes, 6 legs, and purple scaly skin. It started to speak. I didn’t know what it was saying at first, because it was speaking another language. Then after a while, I was able to make out what the alien creature was saying. He said, “I’m Gogarn, and I don’t come in peace.” I didn’t know what to say, but I did know I had to get this thing out of my boyfriend’s holiday house!
I ran straight outside and saw my boyfriend waving to me from the water. I started swimming frantically out to him. I was nearly up to him, when I realized the ugly alien was just behind me, and would soon catch-up. He had taken on the form of a marine creature, he could swim incredibly fast. Unfortunately, he reached Joe before I did. “Watch out!” I screamed. The alien was going to eat Joe. As quickly as he could Joe pulled out a knife, “Leave us alone – I’ll stab you,” he threatened. The alien didn’t stop, he went closer and closer until his mouth was opened wide over Joe’s head. I couldn’t stand it, I had to do something. I leapt into the air to knock the alien whole then swam away. “Wow that was cool!’ Joe and I both exclaimed. “Why did you have a knife with you?” I asked. “People don’t usually take knives with them when they go swimming?” “I know that,” Joe laughed, “but I heard on the news that there have been sharks around here, so I just wanted to be on guard.”
When we got back to the house, Mum was sitting on the couch. “You’re not going to believe what just happened!” I began.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!