Eclipse

The Rising

The sun rose teasing the dim sky along the horizon awaiting a new day, a new beginning. Our eyes locked, only for second, sending pulsating chills downs my spine. The butterflies were feuding vigorously. I glanced down quickly. Deep breath. Only to be overwhelmed with disorientation as his warm touch sent me tumbling off my already uneasy balancing beam of emotion.

Morning Glow

The sun crept higher into the now glistening sky, immune to the soft clouds floating steadily in the distance. A noticeable smile crept across my face as I was once again distracted by the incoming thoughts of him flooding my mind. The touch of his lips against mine was an unforgettable feeling of perfection. The sound of his voice made my day and nothing felt more right than what we shared. It was like nothing I had felt before. It felt right. It felt real.

Midday Burn

The sun sent down almost unbearable rays of heat as it stood proud in the sky, high above. I’m ready. I think. I was scared but he’d promised me forever. He was experienced. I wasn’t even close. His gaze calmed me as the almost silent “I love you” escaped his lips. I replied in a mimic, my body trembling. I was standing in a snow storm. Naked. Not even a glimpse of familiarity presented itself. I was a whirlwind of emotion, knowing I had given him my all.

An Unexpected Storm

Unanticipated and unforseen the dark clouds escaped from hiding immersing the sky with intense darkness. Tears weighed in tonnes stained my clothes as he spoke. There was no screaming. No yelling. I think that made it worse. His words were calm, almost rehearsed. As if some kind of spiel. I trembled uneasily. His words piercing through my heart were the bullet holes of the war. Unfair and painful. I hung up the receiver. Already missing his voice.

The Setting

The clouds faded slowly as the distant burn of the sun sunk beneath the heavy horizon. I saw her. She was beautiful. Jealousy reaked throughout, an inescapable stench. He kisses her. I feel the dagger twist deeper throughout my insides. I walked away my eyes already flooded with tears. It struck me hard. I gave him everything and was left with nothing. My trust. Betrayed. My love. Forgotten. My heart. Still trapped in his.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!