Never Worked Out

I looked up at the cold, brown brick building and my worse fears were realised, how am I going to survive? First time away from home and they send me here!
I was doing so well in primary school, my parents wanted to give me a better education so they searched for the perfect boarding school and this was it.
After 2 weeks I am still friendless and I STILL haven’t slept. The disgusting foul smell coming from the kitchen only made me want to vomit. Sitting by myself at meal times while everyone else were enjoying themselves only made me want to leave more.
As the bell rang I drag my feet back to class. I wasn’t paying any attention what so ever to the teacher. I was thinking of ways of getting out of this dreadful place. I’m sure the school wouldn’t tolerate bad behavior so I decided to get up to mischief. I looked over at Stacey, the teacher’s pet. I smiled. That night I write on her door: Stacey you smell like mould!!
Mia
I lay awake again that night with the tears rolling down my face. I missed my family, but I knew that I was going to get kicked out tomorrow.
The morning finally came. I sat alone at a table and waited. The Head
Mistress came over to me and said, “I believe that was you that put graffiti
Stacey’s door.”
I quite happily replied with a yes. I lost the happiness when she told me that
I would only get two warnings.
As I walked back passed the kitchen to my dormitory a thought came to my
mind. I snuck in and poured green food dye into the soup. I left a note.
The Headmistress obviously got the note because she spoke to me just before lunch. “Last chance,” she told me firmly.
My opportunity came later that day. Half way through our English lesson I asked if I could go to the toilet. I ran out of the room and quickly made my way along the corridor sticking chewing gum in all the keyholes. Nobody could get out of their classrooms!
The headmistress demanded to know who pulled such a silly prank. I owned up immediately. I grinned for I knew I was about to leave this place for good!
The headmistress told me to go to her office. I ran to the dormitory and packed my stuff.
I made my way to the office to see my parents looking at me with such disappointment that I felt sicker than I have ever felt before. I knew then that I made a huge mistake.
I am still in school. I still hate it but we all came to a compromise. I would do the best I could and my family would visit me more. Oh, and I had to apologize to Stacey as well. That was the worse part of my punishment.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!