Marcus And The Bully

Marcus wasn’t the strongest boy at school or the smartest. But he was willing to have a go at anything or any problem that crossed his path.
One day Marcus thought he would have a go at playing rugby on the oval. Marcus was in the game in no time and had some decent possession of the ball.
Marcus had the ball, he saw his opportunity, he went for it. Marcus was sprinting down the sideline as fast as his legs would take him. Players passed by as Marcus dodged and spun away from the grips of the opposition.
Marcus felt like nothing else mattered, he was almost there. Then all of a sudden, the lights when out.
Marcus was limp and useless.
The biggest bully in the school yard had sent his shoulder straight into Marcus’ head and chest.
The dazed Marcus made it to his feet and slurred “Wha...was…at?” The bully just laughed amongst his friends, and Marcus watched them, all while catching the drops of blood pouring out from a deep cut on his cheek and split lip. The rage inside him built up and eventually it could not be contained.
Marcus let his fist do the talking and fly across towards the Bully’s face. Time felt like it was standing still. The Bully was taken aback and starred down Marcus. His cold eyes burned through Marcus and filled him with fear.
By now a circle had enclosed the boys and isolated them from the rest of the world. They unleashed their fury on each other.
Lots of stitches and plaster later people now have a new found respect for Marcus and the Bully is no longer feared by many, but by none.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!