Pain

Hot, searing pain, stuff that burnt straight past your skin and right down the very heart of your body. That was all I could feel, I tried to scream but no noise came out. I tried to move, but nothing seemed to respond. I gasped for air, but nothingness filled my lungs. I tried to cry, but no tears came. The only thing that did come to me was the soft, painless, darkness that fogged and swirled my mind back into its unconscious state...

.....

A comforting warmth wrapped around my body, like a big blanket, but not soft. No this was more of a rough scaly texture, kind of reptilian. Another source of warmth spread over my back, that kind of warmth you get from a fire. And there was a sound; it was soft like a purr that was sweet and calming and kept my body at ease. I turned my attention away from these strange comforts and to my back. A dull thump of pain ran down my back occasionally but otherwise felt numb.

Slowly I opened my eyes and was met with the scaly green skin of my friend’s chest. A small smile slipped onto my lips as I realised that it was Guan that was acting as a blanket. It felt good to be held by someone who wanted nothing but to comfort you, to make the pain go away. Even though we had just met, and we could not understand each other I still felt a strong bond to this creature and deep down I knew he would never hurt me. To know this brought a strange uplifting feeling to my heart, a feeling of happiness and joy. And I felt something I had never truly felt before, I felt safe.

Rolling over, I looked around to discover we were in a cave. I took in the sight, the fire, the roots coming out of every surface, my wet and slightly bloody shirt, thank god for sports bras, and the brilliant sunset that lit up the sky. Sighing, I closed my eyes and let myself fall back into the deep darkness of sleep...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!