Waves Of Death

Bodies in the murky, brown water being swept away, their eyes open in terror and their fingers reaching for me. As the ocean pulled back this wave of death another immediately came to take its place.
Sitting up, I realised that I was drenched in sweat. As I clambered off my bed to turn on the light I reassured myself that it was just a nightmare. These repetitive dreams have been part of my life for the past ten years.
At the young age of seven, I was confronted with live footage that showed the death of my parents. They had been on a week-long holiday in Bali. I had been staying with my grandparents at the time and have been living with them ever since.
The ocean. Its water has always terrified me, especially after that tragic day. The ocean. A hungry beast, claiming lives, pursuing its prey. The ocean. A place of happiness for most, but all I see is those pale fingers reaching for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!