A Girl Behind A Scar

As she walked through the door on her very first day the breeze caught her hair in her advance,

Swept it out of her face to reveal the ugly scars at which she wanted no one to have a glance.

Wide eyed and open mouthed people stood and gaped at her face so stretched and twisted,

But she just limped heavily onwards towards the classroom with eyes to the ground, she wished she hadn't existed.

As she trudged to a desk as the back of her classroom people wouldn't look away,

They just stared at her skin as wrinkled as a prune and this is why she had been dreading this day.

For weeks she sat alone at lunch under the tree at the back of the field,

No one bothered to say hello or give a smile afraid of the scars which appeared unhealed.

But one afternoon coming out of her last class she rounded the corner and collided,

With a boy who was as handsome as a prince who's love for Samantha was decided.

His hair fell in golden locks his eyes were crystal blue,

He was new to the school also so friendless was he too.

For weeks they talked together they became like two peas in a pod,

He discovered her true story who no one gave a smile or nod.

People began to see her now, now that she had a friend,

As a girl who was funny and sweet on who they could depend.

As she walked through the doors on just another day people still stood, but with gleaming eyes,

Not at the girl was scarred for life but at the friend who was rare as a prize.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!