War


I never thought that so many people could die. When I wake in the morning, I wake to the sound of guns and bombs thundering. We had 42 wounded soldiers today. Most of them were dead by the time they arrived at the tent. I had to do a collection run, (where you collect dead bodies), and no one is supposed to be allowed to shoot or attack the medics but I was shot in the leg, regardless, I completed my run. No, I am aware that what I am about to say will be much against what you would think is right but, I did not use my emergency rifle. I hope to never have to. This is terrible, but I do not regret coming. It feels so good to help the soldiers fighting for our freedom.
Oh, Jasper! I just can’t believe how horrible war is! This is so scary! I wish you were here.
how is Spooky? I hope you are well. I am fine, kept busy, but fine. I miss you. Really, there are no words to explain how much I love and miss you.
This morning, I woke up and the sky was invisible under the cloud of smoke and gun powder from the cannons. My lungs were having trouble coping with the thick air.
Amelia, my new found friend, was shot by the enemy. The bell is ringing, must be injuries. I have to go. Goodbye, my darling, I love you forever!
hoping to be reunited soon,
Love Elizabeth.
After the 4/05/1915 the letters from Elizabeth abruptly discontinued. At the end of WW1, Elizabeth never returned home nor was her body found. Her husband never remarried but adopted a son.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!