Scaredy Cat

SCAREDY CAT

Once upon a time there was a cat that would not leave the house because a dog was always waiting at the door. One day the owner forced the cat out of the house. The cat never knew that the dog only had three legs so it could not run that fast. As soon as the cat saw the dog it went crazy trying to run away from it. It started running around, jumping through the pot plants and climbed up the tree as high as it could. The owner called the fire department for help, to get his cat down.
The owner decided that this could not go on any more, so he took his cat to the vet. The vet said that the cat was frightened of dogs and asked if there were any dogs around the neighbour hood. The owner told him that he had a dog himself and told the vet the story of why his cat got stuck up the tree. The vet said that his cat must also be scared of heights. They went home and the cat was very hungry so it turned the TV off to get some attention. The owner got up and got food for his cat and gave him a pat before he sat back in the lounge room.
After the cat had finished eating, it went back into the lounge room and sat on his owners lap. The cat started purring and after a couple of minutes it was lunch time so the owner got some takeaway. After they had both finished all of their food the owner gave his cat and himself a treat. It was time to go outside to get some fresh air, and the owner noticed that his cat was starting to get along with the dog. The owner walked his dog and cat to the football field to play around together. When they got home it was tea time, so they all sat together for the first time to eat.
The owner was happy to see his pets get along for the first time and he went to bed that night with a big smile on his face.
The End.


By Melody Bennett

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!