Sad Little Hippo

Sad Little hippo

There once lived a poor little hippo who had no friends so he couldn’t tell if he was in love or not. He couldn’t tell if he was happy or sad. Hipy was Hippos nickname well he wished he had no friends to call him that but one day some thing came to change that!!!!


One rainy, cold day Hipy sat down in his old, creaky, grey chair and looked out the window. He saw lots of hippos playing together. Suddenly some thing fell from his eye. It was wet and cold. He wondered what it could be. He kept on looking out the window.

The next day he saw a beautiful elephant. His heart thumped. Boom, boom, boom it went “WHAT IS HAPPENING?” he yelled. He ran home, locked the doors and shut all the windows.

The phone rang. “We have a big surprise for you” said a voice on the phone, “come to the big rock in the desert”. So off he set!

“Huh there’s nothing here”, “no down here.” He looked down to find an ant. “Hold still”. Suddenly he shrunk and was so tiny no one could see him. So he could go around with out anyone seeing him. “What’s this for” asked Hipy “Don’t worry I know how many friends you have” the ant said with his head drooping “now go, don’t waste your time, be back here at 12:00 or you will turn into the biggest giant ever.” The ant explained “I will definitely be back here at 12:00 because I know what its like to be different” The ant was sad but Hipy set off on his journey!

Time was flying and Hipy was fast asleep so no one could wake him. The ant was getting weird. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 he heard people screaming help or “were did he come from”. Hipy was a giant! Some people ran up to him, others ran from him.

Hipy lived happily ever after. He got lots of friends and still has them now. They are all good friends and play together every day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!