Jay The Dog


Hi, I’m jay and I am a dog if you do not already know. Well, I am a Beagle cross with a Fox Hound to be precise. I live at 38 Royal Avenue, Portland with my gorgeous owner Louise Kate Martin who absolutely adores me! Her mum and dad spoil me rotten with toys, food and love! Louise also owns a wonderful cat named Princess which suits her very well. I also love her sooooooooooo very much! Every time I try to give her the tiniest smooch she scratches me and runs away! Oh the Heartache!!!!!! I have lots of doggie friends, Cody who lives next door. She just had an operation, OUCH!!! , Buster, He lives next door at Louise’s friend, Emily’s House and Tazzy, but he died a few weeks ago. BOO HOO!!!! My favourite food is T-Bone steak. I am terrified of thunder and lightning.

I also like having adventures and here is one of them, a few days ago it was raining heavily. I was quietly snoozing in my kennel and suddenly I heard a huge ‘KA-BOOM!’ I yelped and ran out of my kennel up and down the side-path about 1,000,000 times! It got a tad boring after a while so I decided to jump over the fence. I took a giant leap… and suddenly I landed in front of Cody. She couldn’t jump the fence though because she was too short. I felt a bit sorry for her. I ran out into Royal Avenue and bolted in to Barkley Street . By then it was raining cat’n’dogs and thundering like crazy!!!! I ran around the block for a few hours until 3:30pm. I heard a car drive up the drive-way it was.. LOUISE!!!!! She had come to save my life! Thankyou God!! She went inside for a while. When she came out she was bawling her eyes out. She started yelling out JAY, JAY. I ran to her graciously . I was sooo happy to see her. She took me inside and tied me to a tree in the backyard.
And that is the end of my story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!