Fantasia The Great Floating Castle

On a day when no other person would dare defy the great Lord Kazuka, a child was born. The child’s name was Zarlos and he was to become known as a great adventurer. Zarlos’ dream was to enter Fantasia, the Great Floating Castle and retrieve an artefact that was lost long ago by his daring grandfather. Fantasia was due to float past Zarlos’ town on a full moon. Zarlos had told his parents that one day, when he was old enough he would go on a journey to fulfil his dream.

Just after Zarlos’ eighteenth birthday when the full moon had risen, Zarlos set off on his journey.

While walking, he had stumbled over a keystone that contained a encrypted mark. He knew this would be useful for something so he picked it up and carefully placed it his backpack.

As he carefully put the keystone away, a centaur came along searching for the keystone.

The centaur then asked,
“Did you by chance find a keystone?”
“I could have,” Zarlos answered. “Yeah, you want it? No problem here”
“Okay thanks,” said the centaur.
“Jokes. Ha! Ha! Ha!”
“Grrrrrrr, no one but no one ever mocks a centaur!!! The one who mocks a centaur will die. DIE MORTAL!!!!!” So the centaur then did a rapid-fire shot with his bow at Zarlos. Zarlos took out the keystone and was about to give it to the centaur when he caught sight of a hole. He knew that the keystone would fit in the hole so he quickly plugged the keystone in it and then…..

FLASH!!!!!

A sword came out of nowhere and blew the centaur away. The aura in the sword started to fill up Zarlos with power. The skill he had was unbelievable.

Nightfall came and he caught a glimpse of Fantasia and rushed to it. He saw the entrance and did a tremendous leap right onto it.

While inside the castle, he searched frantically and found the artefact but when he bolted to it, he was shocked by what he saw.

Zarlos was about to take the artefact when Tios (Zarlos’ long lost brother) stopped him. Tios then said,
“If you want the artefact you have to show yourself worthy.” Zarlos answered back in a shocked voice.
“But I can’t kill my own brother!”
“I am not your brother. Now show me if you’re worthy.” Zarlos knew that he couldn’t argue with this so he knew what he had to do. He had to fight.

Tios made the move first. Zarlos countered the attack using a move called ‘Tetsaogu’ He had discovered this move while travelling. It had no effect. Tios had created a barrier to protect himself. While they were fighting, Zarlos had found a way to eliminate Tios so he then he tested his idea and it worked. When the battle was over, Tios faded away.

From then on Zarlos was known as the only one to enter Fantasia and retrieve the artefact from within the castle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!