Magic Remote




Once upon a time there lived three best friends named Sophia, Paige and Mikaela. One beautiful day the three girls decided to go to the park.

When they got there they went on the playground for a bit. Because Mikaela was the littlest she just played in the sand.

As she was digging in the sand she started singing. Then suddenly she found something. It was a remote control. ”Come over here you girls!” she yelled. The girls came quickly.

Then Sophia took it from Mikeala and started pressing buttons to see if it did anything. When she hit the first button it started to snow. “In the middle of summer”
Paige said, “It can’t be snowing.”

The girls quickly ran back to Paige’s house and ran into her room and shut the door with a big BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

They wondered why when Sophia pressed that one button it started to snow. Mikeala said “It’s a magic remote control”. Then Paige pressed some more of the buttons to see if anything happened.

Then suddenly it started to rain in Paige’s room. The girls screamed. Then they quickly pressed more buttons to make it stop. It went from snow, to a hurricane in Paige’s room. Then it stopped.

Then suddenly they looked outside and they couldn’t believe their eyes. They saw animal’s falling from the sky. Everyone in the whole neighbourhood was outside.

When the girls weren’t looking, Sophia pressed this one button and everything stopped. Her two friends froze, the animals that were falling out of the sky froze in the thin air. The whole neighbourhood was frozen. She was the only one that could move.

She pressed all of the buttons on the remote to make everything go back to normal but nothing happened. She thought and thought???????? .Then suddenly a ghost appeared and said to Sophia “It is in the sand. Two chances to save your friends…” then faded away.

She thought what does ‘in the sand and two chances to save your friend’ mean?????. Then suddenly she realised there must be another remote control in the sand that made everything go back to normal. She grabbed a shovel and ran down to the park.

When she got there she dug and dug until she finally hit something. There it was, a rainbow coloured remote control. It had four buttons on it. A blue, red, pink and a purple. She only had two chances to pick the right button. First she hit the blue one and nothing happened. Then she closed her eyes and hit a button. She didn’t know which one she hit but when she opened her eyes everything was rewinding. Then BANG!!!!!!!!!!

She quickly ran back to Paige’s house. There stood Paige and Mikeala, “Where have you been?” they said to her. Sophia said, “What, you don’t remember?” “No,” they said.

She closed her eyes, and then looked outside again. No neighbours outside. No animals falling out of the sky.

Everything was back to normal.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!