Oh Sweet Nullasea

As we race through the waves, Nullasea`s hooves splashed the cold blue water everywhere. The cool sea breeze brushed through the ends of my blonde hair. As Nullasea ran, I felt us become one. My soul bonded with hers.

We wait silently as we listen to the soft crashing of the waves against the rocks. The day felt peaceful. The crystal blue ocean sparkled under the rising sun. Nullasea raced home. The sand kicked up, the wind whistled and Nullasea`s hooves pounded against the rough ground. I feel so free with Nullasea.

Everything around us seemed to stand still as we raced by. But, as we ran, Nullasea started to slow down.I thought to myself, what is wrong. Eventually she stops and drops to the ground. I started to worry. Nullasea would not move.I whispered to her,"Oh sweet Nullasea, please get up".

I pulled at the reins to try and get her to stand, But nothing worked. I sat down next to her and gently placed her gorgeous head in my lap. I looked deep into her big brown eyes, just hoping she would get up. Instead her eyes closed and her soul was lost.

When I got home I somehow had to explain this to mum.It was hard for me. "Oh darling it will be alright. She will always be in your heart". I listened to my mums kind words.

I skipped dinner, I wasn`t hungry. I went straight to bed. I was so upset I didn`t even realize there were tears running down my cheeks. As I laid in silence, a white flash appeared through my window. It came from Nullasea`s plain empty paddock.

I got out of bed to look outside. Right in front of me, in the middle of the paddock was my beautiful Nullasea, stronger than ever. A rush of happiness and the thought of having my best friend back, brought back my love for that wonderful horse.

That night I thought about what happened today and a story my mum told me years ago. That`s when I realized who Nullasea really was. She was my beautiful everlasting white mare.That means I will have her forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!