The Edge

Shadows calling my name, I feel them watching, probing.
My mind a web of lies,done with hoping.
I'm drowning in this feeling of sorrow and of dread, I'm standing on a cliff two inches from the edge.
I wake up from the nightmare, I know there's something there.
I don't know which way to go,I quickly turn my head.
I'm looking out my window, staring at the rain, like tear drops falling down,
The sign of healing pain.
The tears streak down its face, leaving trickles of memories.
The window is so fragile, each crack a different story.
For the first time, the rain is a truly ugly sight, then suddenly the last tear falls, as if everything is alright.
The clouds clear as memories recede, the stars shining through.
The window's cracks start to heal and it will start new.
My reflection stares back at me, the girl with the broken heart.
She smiles and slowly realises the second chapter is about to start.
I have woken from my nightmare of sorrow and of dread.
I'm awake to the reality that I'm nowhere near the edge.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!