Facing The Crowd

It was time to become an NBA legend."Don't you dare bounce that ball inside!" said Mum.I spun the ball on one finger. We jogged through the kitchen and out the back to the court.

The crowd started to whistle as soon as we came into view.The chant went up "We want Toocool. We want Toocool." I waved to my fans Bert the rooster and all the hens were right in the middle of the court. Dog chased them into the stands the dog was playing for team tony.

I had my practise shots i was sinking them from everywhere. Brick Wall and I made a great team the crowd was getting restless. The hens refused to sit still the dog growled at them and they sat down. The game was ready to start Tony looked nervous.

The Championship
The bell sounded i threw the ball up i leapt up and tapped it to myself. I ran around Tony i passed the ball. And Brick Wall passed it straight back to me.

Two steps and a long shot and the ball dropped. Nothin' nut net! The crowd roared. Tony was stunned maybe he needed a new coach. The first points were on the scoreboard. Team Toocool was firing.

I dribbled the ball down the court one bounce, two bounces. A sharp pass to Brick Wall. Brick has the quickest hands i have ever seen. He always makes ligtning returns. Brick never, ever hold the ball.

I took a risk i made blind turn around tony. But there was Dog! Over i went i'm sure Dog tripped me on purpose. I got two penalty shots they both sailed through the hoop. The bell went it was half-time would Team Tony make a come back in the second half.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!