Family Sorrow

As I sit and watch people move around me I feel something spread through me like a disease, my throat was dry and it was hard to swallow, my veins were trying to break free from my skin. Sudden jolts of weakness over came my muscles. I realized my stomach was quivering. It wasn’t my body telling me that I was ill but telling me to curl my back into a an arch bring my legs to my chest and cry my distress away. Distress of me being lonely and sad. Making me wanting to imagine that I was where my family was. I did not move from my position until my last tear had been shed, my legs stretched outward and my back into a straight state. It was only then that when I soothed my mind and had authority to my tears, I knew that I wasn’t lonely, I was just hurt to think that my missing my family had a bigger pull on me then what I expected. To know that when I was unsettled they would be the one to hold me close into a tight embrace and coo me back to myself while, when I was alone there was no one there except me and my tears . . .

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!