Olympic Dream

“Twang!” “Another bulls eye for Lucy Woodcock” reported the announcer happily. “ Lucy is on top of the ladder and in perfect form!” his partner announced excitedly. Lucy is a ten-year-old enthusiastic archer who loves what she does. Her dream is to take on the world in the Olympics.
“Sterling” Mrs. Jones called “where are you? We have to go to training.” Sterling is an 11-year-old archer who, unlike Lucy, is forced to do archery. His father is the Olympic ambassador for Australia and he wants his son to be one of Australia’s finest. Lucy and Sterling have been best friends since Grade 1.
In the park Lucy and Sterling were talking quietly away for hours. Lucy was telling Sterling about her latest win at the South East Metro 10 and under competition. “I think you are the best in the state of Victoria!” Sterling said excitedly. They spent the rest of the way home debating if Sterling was right.
That night Sterling had the greatest idea in his life. His idea was to tell Mr. Jones if he put Lucy in the next Olympics he would train as hard as he could to get into the Olympics too. He told his father about his idea and Mr. Jones said he would consider it because they needed another woman archer and another man to play badminton.
The very next day he told Lucy what his dad said. “You shouldn’t sacrifice your life for mine!” she told him quietly. “I did it only because your dream is greater than mine. My dream is to play the world in badminton.”
“Twang” “Another bulls-eye for Australia,” the reporter announced excitedly. “Lucy Woodcock is on fire today. Australia is lucky to have her!” Lucy had just had her final shot and fired yet another bulls-eye. Australia had won the woman’s archery. The day before, Sterling had played badminton and won for Australia. Australia had broken two records on the
way to victory.
Youngest man to compete in the Olympics
Sterling Jones
Youngest woman to compete in the Olympics
Lucy Woodcock

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!