Teddy Bear's Christmas

Teddy Bear’s Christmas

One snowy morning, Jane and her mother
Ellen phoned Jane’s uncle to see if they could go over for a visit at Christmas time. When Jane got back from school, her mother was packing two suitcases. Jane walked into her mother’s room and asked, “Why are you packing Mum?”
“Because we are going to visit your uncle,” she replied. The next day Jane and her mother left for their journey overseas.

The plane landed just as Jane’s uncle Peter arrivied to pick them up. It was a huge surprise for Jane to see her uncle. After two hours of non-stop chatting they all set off for their long journey back to Uncle Peter’s cottage. When they arrivied, Banjo, the dog, was there to greet them as well as Jane’s Aunty Lucy.

Jane sprinted upstairs to go and ride the rocking horse that Peter had built for her two years ago. When Jane went back downstairs Lucy was baking a cheesecake. Ellen was separating the cake into fifths then they all ate. By the time they had finished everyone was full, especially Banjo.

That night, Lucy put Jane to bed and kissed her goodnight. Ellen ran out of milk so Peter had to go into town. When he arrivied he bustled around like everyone else. After he had finished his shopping he went into Toys Galore and bought Jane a soft and fluffy teddy bear.

Peter was on his way home when it started to snow really heavily. The snow had covered Peter and the teddy bear. As the clock struck 10:30pm the gardener, the postman and the lollipop man went out to look for Peter who should have been home hours ago. Jane wouldn’t go to sleep until Peter was home safe and sound.

Luckily, after a short time, the postman found Peter alive under a pile of snow. When Peter arrivied home, Lucy was so happy that she made him a cup of hot chocolate. Everyone fell asleep early; all except one damp little teddy bear. He sat near the fir tree all night long with his shiny eyes wide open, waiting for a wonderful Christmas Day.

By E Woods

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!